Thursday, December 2, 2010

Some calm in my day

This afternoon I needed a break and headed out to see what kind of photo opportunities I could find. Not far from our house is one of the many city parks in Fort Collins. This park is right on the Poudre River and is one of the main swim spots during the summer. This time of year the park is almost deserted and I thought the local wildlife would be more visible. It turned out to be a slow day for local wildlife, but this scene on the river more than made up for it.


As I was about to leave a fly fisherman showed up. I thought he would make a great addition to the above photo, so I waited for him to get in. What do you think?  I'm starting to realize that we live in one of the best fly fishing places in the US. The Poudre and the Big Thompson rivers always have people fishing whenever we head up to Rocky Mountain National Park.



No comments:

Post a Comment